All You Need To Know About Total Hip Replacement.
Hip Replacement Surgery is a surgical procedure to replace a damage hip joint with artificial joints. Total Hip Replacement Surgery is needed after severer arthritis hip pain or fracture in hip joint.
following three Hip Arthritis are common in India.
Osteoarthritis: This is degenerative old diseases, it affects middle age population and it effects cartilage and adjacent bone in hip.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: it causes several stiffness and pain in hip joints.
Traumatic Arthritis : This causes because of injury and its also damages the hip cartilage.
The main goal of Hip Replacement Surgery is to remove the damage bones and cartilage which are main cause of pain and replace them with artificial joints.
Traditional Hip Replacement and Minimally Hip Replacement Surgery are two options available for the patients
Traditional Hip Replacement Surgery
Traditional Hip Replacement Surgery involves making an incision on the side of the hip (lateral approach) or the back of the hip (posterior approach). Both techniques involve detachment of muscles and tendons from the hip in order to replace the joint. Detachment of these muscles may result in increased pain after surgery and often prolongs the time to fully recover by months or even years. Failure of these muscles to heal after surgery may increase the risk of hip dislocation (the ball and socket separating), which is the leading cause of hip replacement failure. Hip precautions after surgery (no bending greater than 90 degrees, no crossing legs, no excessive rotation) are generally required for this reason.
Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement Surgery
Direct anterior hip replacement is a minimally invasive surgical technique. This approach involves a 3 to 4 inch incision on the front of the hip that allows the joint to be replaced by moving muscles aside along their natural tissue planes, without detaching any tendons. This approach often results in quicker recovery, less pain, and more normal function after hip replacement. Because the tendons aren’t detached from the hip during direct anterior hip replacement, hip precautions are typically not necessary. This allows patients to return to normal daily activities shortly after surgery with a reduced risk of dislocation.
ADVANTAGE OF DIRECT ANTERIOR APPROACH FOR HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery:
• Patients recovery is very fast.
• Patient can start walking within 3 to 6 hours and can start to climb stairs from the next day.
• The main advantage is unlike earlier where patient had to stay for weeks in hospital, now patient can get discharged within 3 to 4 days of operation treatment which is very beneficial for the patient and their recovery.
• Earlier, using the older methods, operation was done by a big incision or cut which lead to heavy blood loss but now with the minimally invasive technique, the incision or the cut is also less and hence the blood loss is also minimal during the process of knee replacement.
• Blood loss is minimal hence blood transfusion is not required.
• Pain is less and recovery is quick hence less physiotherapy is needed.
• Patient don’t need to take heavy antibiotics
• It is minimally invasive hence is stitchless surgery.
Dr. Bakul Arora is a Consultant Joint Replacement & Orthopaedic Surgeon. He specialises in Mini-invasive techniques which offer multiple benefits to patients. He does the surgery using Subvastus approach for Knee Replacement surgery and Direct Anterior Approach for Hip replacement Surgery . This new techniques has many advantages for patients.Surgical Advantage of Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery. Dr. Bakul Arora is Hip Replacement Surgeon at Thane , Mulund, Bhiwandi, Chembur, Sion, Bhiwandi, Dombivali and Kalyan.
For appointments call: 09004900100