Preparing for Hip Replacement Surgery: What to Expect
If you’re considering Hip replacement surgery in Thane, it’s important to understand what to expect before, during, and after the procedure. In this article, we will guide you through the process, shedding light on the expertise of our esteemed Hip replacement specialist in Thane, Dr. Bakul Arora. As the leading Hip replacement surgeon in Thane, Dr. Bakul Arora and our dedicated team are committed to providing you with the highest quality care and ensuring a smooth and successful recovery.
Understanding Hip Replacement Surgery
Hip replacement surgery is a procedure that involves replacing a damaged or worn-out hip joint with an artificial joint. It is commonly recommended for individuals suffering from severe arthritis, hip fractures, or other hip-related conditions that cause pain and limit mobility. The surgery aims to relieve pain, improve function, and enhance your overall quality of life.
Choosing the Right Doctor for Hip Replacement
When it comes to selecting a Hip replacement doctor in Thane, it’s essential to choose an experienced specialist who has a proven track record of successful outcomes. At Arora Clinic, Dr. Bakul Arora is widely recognized as a leading Hip replacement surgeon in Thane. With years of expertise and a patient-centred approach, Dr. Bakul Arora ensures personalised care and optimal results for each patient.
Preparing for Hip Replacement Surgery
- Consultation and Evaluation: Your journey towards a successful hip replacement surgery begins with an initial consultation with Dr. Arora. During this appointment, he will evaluate your condition, review your medical history, and conduct any necessary tests or imaging studies. This step helps him determine the most suitable surgical approach and develop a personalised treatment plan for you.
- Preoperative Instructions: Prior to your surgery, Dr. Arora and his team will provide you with detailed preoperative instructions. These instructions may include fasting guidelines, medication adjustments, and recommendations for lifestyle modifications to optimise your overall health before the surgery.
- Planning for Rehabilitation: A key aspect of preparing for hip replacement surgery is planning for rehabilitation. Dr. Arora will work closely with you to develop a post-surgery rehabilitation plan tailored to your specific needs. This may involve physical therapy, pain management strategies, and assistive devices to aid in your recovery.
During and After the Surgery
- Surgery Day: On the day of your surgery, you will be admitted to our state-of-the-art facility, where our skilled medical team will ensure your comfort and safety throughout the procedure. Dr. Arora will perform the surgery using advanced techniques, ensuring precise placement and alignment of the artificial joint.
- Hospital Stay: Following the surgery, you will typically stay in the hospital for a few days for close monitoring and initial rehabilitation. Our compassionate nursing staff will provide round-the-clock care, while Dr. Arora will oversee your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
- Postoperative Care and Rehabilitation: Once you are discharged from the hospital, your recovery will continue at home. Dr. Arora and our team will guide you through a comprehensive rehabilitation program, focusing on pain management, physical therapy exercises, and gradually increasing your mobility and strength.
We understand the challenges and concerns associated with hip replacement surgery. Dr. Bakul Arora, our esteemed Hip replacement specialist in Thane, is dedicated to providing you with the highest level of care and expertise. As the leading Hip replacement surgeon in Thane, Dr. Bakul Arora combines his extensive experience with advanced surgical techniques to ensure successful outcomes and improved quality of life for our patients. Contact Arora Clinic today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards regaining pain-free mobility.
Thank You "Times Group" for felicitating Arora Clinic for "Excellence in Patient Care"
We are really honored to receive this and we will continue to serve the society better than ever We aim to provide the world-class Knee/Hip Replacement Surgical (Minimal Invasive Surgery) treatment to every patient suffering from knee or hip pain and at the same time make their life pain-free and happy.
Are you looking for Best Knee Replacement Surgeon?
Then you are at Right Place
Dr. Bakul Arora’s Joint Replacement Clinic is also known as “Arora Clinic” which is located at Hiranandani Meadows in Thane, within a very convenient proximity to Mumbai. Arora Clinic dedicated clinic for Knee Replacement surgery and all kinds of Orthopaedic treatments and surgeries
The Arora Clinic is one of the most advanced Orthopaedic clinic in Thane region and dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. Arora Clinic offers the modern surgical treatments like “Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery” which is also called as “PAIN-LESS SURGERY” for any complex knee diseases.
Dr. Bakul Arora is a Consultant Joint Replacement & Orthopaedic Surgeon is one of the leading Knee Replacement Surgeon in Thane and Mumbai with over 4000+ successfully surgeries. Dr. Bakul Arora specialises in Mini-invasive techniques which offer multiple benefits to patients. He does the surgery using Subvastus approach for Knee Replacement surgery and Direct Anterior Approach for Hip replacement Surgery . This new techniques has many advantages for patients like its pain-less , stich-less surgery, patients walks on the same day after surgery, no blood loss, faster recovery etc.
Patients Review on Arora Clinic
International Patients Videos
Before and After Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement is required for advanced arthritis of the knee joint, producing painful limitation of movements and restriction in activities of daily living. Knee replacement as a solution should be offered when all non–surgical methods of treatment failed and painkiller medicines and injections also failed to reduce the Knee and hip pains.
Knee replacement can be total or unicondylar, depending on the number of compartments involved. Among the total knee replacement, there are two popular designs- Cruciate Retaining, and Posterior Stabilized. The decision for the design is best taken by the operating orthopedic surgeon based on the integrity of ligaments. Patella resurfacing as a routine is a debatable subject.
Yes, most knee replacement surgeries are minimally invasive, with numerous benefits to the patient, including smaller incisions, less tissue trauma, bleeding and post–operative pain, shorter hospital stays, faster recovery, and earlier return to work and activities — in weeks rather than months. Advantages of Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery. Patients Start walking in few hours of surgery. Patients start climbing the staircase from second day of his surgery. Patients Discharge with in 3 Days from the Hospital after surgery. No blood loss during the surgery, no blood Transfusion required. Less Physiotherapy.( No Physiotherapist required for home) Less Antibiotic. Stitchless Surgery. Recovery time is just two – three week.
Bilateral knee replacement in the same sitting, can be performed if both the knee joints are damaged to the same extent, however, the medical condition of the patient, and bone quality must be kept in consideration.
Surgery through Minimally Invasive technique patients start walking on the same day and staircase climbing starts from the second day of surgery. Patients can resume his work after 3 – 4 week.
The most significant risks include Infection, Deep vein thrombosis,and Aseptic loosening of implants. The risks correlate with the co-morbid medical condition, and must be discussed with the patient before surgery.
Patients normally require hospitalization for 3-4 days in single knee replacement, and up to 5-6 days in both knee replacement surgery
A single knee replacement takes approximately 90 min- 2 hours. Both knee replacement surgery takes approx 2-3 hours.
Years ago, knee replacement surgery was reserved for elderly patients due to a high complication rate and lack of implant durability. Modern techniques have allowed orthopaedic surgeons to base surgical decisions on a patient’s pain and disability, and not necessarily chronological age. Most patients who undergo knee replacement are between the ages of 50 and 80, but surgeons evaluate patients individually and primarily on their physiologic age and demands.
Patients can resume his/her light work after discharge from the hospital, no need for rest.
Patients are given epidural anesthesia for surgery, and post op pain relief. They are expected to follow instruction from physiotherapist regarding muscle training.
Locate Our Clinic
OUR HOSPITAL PARTNERS
⇒ Wockhardt Hospital Mumbai Central, Mira road & Vashi
⇒ Apollo Spectra Hospital, Tardeo and Chembur
⇒ Cloud 9 Hospital, Malad
⇒ Criticare Hospital, Andheri
⇒ Arora Clinic, Hiranandani Meadows
⇒ Bethany Hospital, Vasant Vihar
⇒ Currae Hospital, Kapurbawdi
⇒ Horizon Hospital, Ghodbunder
⇒ Infinity Hospital, Majiwada
⇒ Lakecity Hospital, Khopat
⇒ Oscar Hospital, Majiwada
⇒ Drone Hospital, Bhiwandi